Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Special Novena for the Sheen Cause

“JMJ”

Dear Friends of Sheen,

Yesterday, as is my custom, I offered Mass in the Convent of the Peoria Cathedral. You and your intentions were remembered by the sisters and me. 

In today’s Gospel, our Saviour reminds us that there are some things that can only be accomplished with greater prayer.  I am regularly reminded that the Cause for the Canonization of our beloved Archbishop Sheen is essentially a SPIRITUALLY work. I am asking today for your special prayers for the Cause.

I invite you to join with me and the Friends of Venerable Sheen around the world in a novena for a special intention starting Wednesday February 26 and culminating on March 6.  There are no special Novena prayers other than the Prayer for Canonization.  Also can you please remember the special intention for the Cause in your Rosaries, Holy Hours and Masses.

Besides our unity in prayer for the Cause, this can also be a great personal novena to begin Lent.  May our spiritual efforts for the Cause of a Saint help to make each of us saints too!

United in prayer and commending each of you to the Lovely Lady Dressed in Blue, I am,

Msgr. Stanley Deptula

Executive Director

Link to our prayer for Canonization in various languages: Prayer for Canonization